"Chico Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Organization... community leadership starts here"
The Chico Chamber's Young Professionals Organization (YPO) was created in April 2010 in an effort to bring together the region's young business people for networking and socializing.
Are you a career-oriented individual wanting to foster community leadership through networking and professional development? Be a part of the YPO today and help us 'Move Chico Forward.'
YPO Mission Statement
"Young career-oriented individuals fostering community leadership through networking and professional development."
YPO Vision Statement & Values
"Chico YPO creates awareness of the positive attributes young professionals bring to their employer and the community as a whole by valuing commitment, ambition, civic engagement, integrity, respect and camaraderie in a welcoming atmosphere."
Who Can Participate?
Learn more by visiting YPO on Facebook!
Access YPO by becoming a Chico Chamber Member today! Not sure if you're a Chico Chamber Member? Check our directory here.
Want to receive YPO event reminders and updates, e-mail Heather Ugie, YPO Chamber Liasion and Chamber Member Services & Events Manager, by clicking here.
SAVE THE DATE:
YPO & Butte County Young Farmers & Ranchers Mixer
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Location: Almendra Winery & Distillery - 9275 Midway, Durham
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Small bites sponsored by North Valley Ag Services with a no-host bar. No cost to attend and no RSVP required!
All are welcome to join us at YPO Mixers!
Questions? Call 891-5556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YPO April Leadership Luncheon
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Location: Butte Creek Country Club - 175 Estates Drive, Chico
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 pm.
Featured Speaker: Megan Odum, Director, California State University, Chico Career Center
All are welcome to attend YPO Leadership Luncheons!
YPO & Chamber Members: $15; Guests: $20. Cost includes lunch, drink, tax, and tip. Registration opening soon!
Questions? Call 891-5556 or email email@example.com.
Thank you to Golden Valley Bank for being our Sponsor!!
Interested in sponsoring the YPO? Click here to contact Heather Ugie, YPO Chamber Liasion and Chamber Member Services & Events Manager.
Committed Leader Recruitment
We are seeking new Committed Leaders to help steer the YPO and plan our calendar of events. Recruitment is open from March - June. Click here to learn more!
The Chico Chamber's Young Professionals Organization recognizes a need to survey our millennial population for input on how this generation of “technology natives” is driving change in the business world and in our workplaces. We did so with our 2015 Millennial Survey aimed for local Chico millennials to take and we received a total of 333 responses. Click here to view our slide show presented at the 2015 YPO E.P.I.C. Event.
2016-2017 YPO Committed Leaders:
Danie Schwartz, President & Social Media/Photographer: MC2 Design Group
Danie is not a native to the Chico area, but that does not stop her love and excitement for our city and businesses. After graduating from CSU, Chico she decided to stay and start working in the community. After years of working hard, building a reputation and honing in on her knowledge and skills, she landed her current job at MC2 Design. One trait that defines Danie and defines her role in the community is her passion for the community and the Chico Chamber of Commerce. Danie finds her passion through her participation and dedication to local organizations and non-profits. Danie has been a YPO Committed Leader for the past four years (winning the Young Professional of the Year Award in 2014) and took on the role of Chair of the Chico Chamber Ambassadors in 2015 (winning the 2015 Ambassador of the Year Award). As she passes on her Chair role, she is excited to step into her role as YPO President. She has a commitment to the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley, as well as other local organizations and is on the Board of Directors for the CSU, Chico Alumni. These passions allow her to remain committed to helping Move Chico Forward. In her free time, you will often find her riding her bike to the Thursday night market or taking a hike in Upper Park with her boyfriend and their dog. You can also find her behind the camera lens taking photos at Chamber events or out and about in our town. Don’t be surprised if you run into Danie at music festivals or concerts. She loves music! Danie tries to blend the professional lifestyle with a touch of creativity, community and outreach for a perfect balance.
Kelly Gibbons is a licensed Farmers Insurance Agent at Brad Jacobson’s Agency, where they are a father daughter team. Their agency protects families and individuals by offering all personal lines such as home, renters, auto, life, as well as commercial policies. They believe in giving back to the community and once a week Kelly volunteers at a local elementary school tutoring students in their after school program called Reading Pals. They are also involved in the March of Dimes golf fundraiser and the Jesus Center's Run for Food. Kelly is a Butte county local and, after graduating from Paradise High, she went on to graduate from CSU, Chico with her Bachelors in Business Administration. While going to school she worked for WaMu and worked her way through the conversion to Chase, as well as working her way up from a teller to a personal banker. In her free time Kelly enjoys being outside, hiking Upper Park, spending time at Lake Almanor and hanging out with her friends, husband and German Shepherd, Sophie.
Loren Rainey: Golden Valley Bank
My name is Loren Rainey and I am a member of both the Chico Chamber of Commerce and the YPO Committed Leaders. I recently joined the YPO Committed Leaders in July of 2016 but have been attending Chamber, and YPO events, since January 2016. I chose to join the Chico YPO due to the benefits it has provided young professionals, the community, and myself. In 2009 I graduated from Lassen High School in Susanville, CA. During high school I participated in both baseball and basketball. Upon graduation I attended Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, CA where I earned my Associate of Science degree in Mathematics and Science. I transferred from Cuesta College to CSU, Chico in order to be closer to my family in Northern California and complete my Bachelor's degree of Business Administration, with an option in finance. Upon graduation from CSU, Chico I was fortunate to obtain employment with Golden Valley Bank as a Loan Processor/Credit Analyst. I am grateful for the opportunity Golden Valley Bank has presented to me and the motivation to become involved in the Chico YPO as a Committed Leader.
Kaitlin Tillett Ferguson: California State University, Chico
Kaitlin Tillett graduated from UCLA in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Development Studies and a minor in Spanish Linguistics. While receiving her degree, she worked as a Digital Marketing Specialist for Xomad, Inc. whose clients included Blackberry and Nivea. After graduation, Kaitlin moved to Cheonan, South Korea where she received her certification of Teaching English To Speakers Of Other Languages (TESOL) and taught English to middle school students. Upon returning to the states, she pursued her interest in non-profit work and moved to Chico to work in development and communications for Butte Humane Society. This work eventually led her to an opportunity at CSU, Chico, where she currently works as the Alumni Engagement Coordinator. As a Southern California native, Kaitlin now enjoys calling Chico home and exploring the North State with her husband and two dogs.
2016-2017 YPO Membership:
- Amber Abney-Bass: The Jesus Center
- Rob Alviso: Healthy Solutions Insurance Services
- Kevin Ananian: Matson and Isom
- Sarah Anderson: Girl Scouts of Northern California
- Dave Armstrong: Center for Economic Development
- AJ Barandeh: Access Real Estate Lending
- John Barker: North Valley Ag Services
- JJ Berndt: Grow Manufacturing Initiative
- Owen Bettis: Habitat for Humanity of Butte County
- Alec Binyon: Great State Coffee Company
- Dan Blair: PG&E
- Vincent Blunda: Cleanrite-Buildrite
- Sarah Boesen: North State Radiology
- Calley Bonnikson: Harris & Plottel, LLP
- Mindy Borders: Oxford Suites
- Shawn Brackett: Chico State University Housing & Food Service
- Jose Bravo: Rabobank N.A.
- Brenna Brians: Five Star Bank
- Tadd Brothers: Matson and Isom
- Christina Brown: California Park Rehabilitation Hospital
- Micah Browning: Enloe Medical Center
- Amanda Bullock: Tittle & Company, LLP
- Jackie Burris: Catalyst Domestic Violence Services
- Amy Carbonaro: Stott Outdoor Advertising
- Katrina Carney: Healthy Living Acupuncture
- Lindsay Casale: Landacorp
- Angela Cascone: Heritage Insurance Agency
- Rebekah Casey: GRID Alternatives
- Diana Castillo: Sweeney & Selland Insurance
- Dawn Cecil: Allevity HR & Payroll
- Eileen Chavez Aiello: California State University, Chico
- Carissa Christie: Enloe Medical Center
- Jenna Christophersen: Strategic Investment Chico
- Andy Clark: Videomaker Inc.
- Colin Coogan: MC2 Design Group
- Marisa Corley: Chico Enterprise - Record / NorCal Design Center
- Jamie Criss: Sweeney & Sweeney Insurance
- Calen Curteman: Golden Valley Bank
- Eden Davis: Feather River Hospital
- Michael Davis: Sweeney & Selland Insurance Services
- Megan Day: Enloe Medical Center
- Katy Deaton: Home & Health Care Management
- Peter Delle: NS Fitness
- Christen DeFazio-Jones: Harris and Plottel, LLP
- Allison Denney: HomeStreet Bank
- Jennie DeRose: Office of Senator Jim Nielsen
- Alyssa Dersahagian: Cascade Orthopedic Supply
- Robyn Drinks: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Duane Dufault: Nevin & Witt Insurance
- Samantha Duncan: Alternative Energy Systems
- Gabriel Eggen: Chico Honda Motorsports
- Lori Ellersick: Residence Inn by Marriott
- Erik Ehrhart: BEAR - Business Equity Appraisal Reports, Inc.
- Stephanie Evans: Caminar
- Dominic Feliciano: California Check Cashing
- Kaitlin Tillett Ferguson: California State University, Chico
- Katelyn Fife: Strategic Investment Chico
- Louise Flowers: Coldwell Banker Ponderosa Real Estate
- Sadie Foster: Senator Jim Nielsen
- Katie Fowkes: Banner Bank
- Jeff Fowler: Stanfield & Associates Insurance
- Lauren Francis: Hotel Diamond
- Joshua Franco: Delta Sigma Pi
- Cassie Ganzer: Allevity HR & Payroll
- Kellye Gardner: Holiday Inn
- Chelsey Garner: PRO Aggregate, Inc.
- Faisal Ghafari: Cricket Wireless
- Jenna Giacomini: Allevity HR & Payroll
- Darlene Giampaoli: Habitat for Humanity of Butte County
- Kelly Gibbons: Office of Brad Jacobson, Farmers Insurance
- Jackson Glick: Stott Outdoor Advertising
- Andrea Gleason: Enloe Medical Center
- Andrew Graham-Allagree: Butte Humane Society
- Tyler Greene: Courtyard by Marriott
- Anna Griffith: Family Eye Care
- Megan Grima: Harris & Plottel, LLP
- Maya Grunder: Grow Manufacturing Initiative
- Ryan Gulbrandsen: The Stogan Group
- Michaela Gulbransen: SERVPRO of Chico-Lake Almanor, Fire & Water Cleanup & Restoration
- Jesse Hackett: Applebees
- Alicia Hanley: A Main Hobbies
- Jim Hansen: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Ian Harck: SunPower by Alternative Energy Systems
- Holli Hargrove: Butte Humane Society
- August Heath: Tri Counties Bank
- Michael Hering: Matson & Isom Technology Consulting
- Dylan Heym: Inland Business System
- Stuart Hoetger: The Stogan Group
- Camille Hogan: Morrison & Company
- Jessika Hobbs
- Andrew Holley: VanDervoort, Dulebohn and Holley
- Jennifer Hook: Stoner & Associates
- Kristina Horning: Chico U-Lock-It Self Storage
- Kristen Horst: Keller Williams Realty Chico Area
- Lauren Hyle: Servpro of Chico-Lake Almanor
- Jennifer Jauregui: Sweeney & Sweeney Insurance, Inc.
- Julie Jenks: NorCal Quality Consulting
- Earl Jessee: Matson & Isom Technology Consulting
- Bethanne Jones: MedX Connect, Inc.
- Nichole King: Shear Envy Hair Studio
- Samantha Koerperich: AAA
- Elaine Kramer: Butte Creek Country Club
- Jessica Lash: Square Deal Mattress Factory & Upholstery
- Beth Lewis: Bidwell Bookkeeping, LLC.
- Saulo Londono: Senator Jim Nielsen's Office
- Michael Lunsford: Riverside Convalescent Hospital
- Dan Lutge: eChico
- Catherine Madsack: Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.
- Marc Madsen: BCM Construction Company, Inc.
- Brittany Marlatt: Valley Oak Children's Services
- Katie Marskey: Oxford Suites
- Kevin Matthews: Service Experts Chico aka Artic Aire
- James Mayfield: Cascade Orthopedic Supply, Inc.
- Janet McCue: California State University, Chico
- Cara McFadyen: Firm Foundations Insurance & Benefits Center
- Cora McIntyre: Caminar
- Kari Medina: Rabobank
- Chandese Meghdadi: Tittle & Company LLP
- Vanessa Mettler: Farmers Insurance
- Renee Michel: Asset Management Group
- Justin Miley: U.S. Bank
- Caitlin Millar: Enterprise Record / Digital First Media
- Brett Miramontes: Keller Williams Realty
- Brad Mitchell: State Farm Jim Normoyle
- Melanie Mitchell: Chico State University Housing & Food Service
- Courtney Morgan: AAA-California State Automobile Assoc.
- Ashlee Moss: The Terraces Senior Living
- Keating Murphy: Century 21 Jeffries Lydon
- Lauren Nichols: DBS Thrift Connection
- Emerald Norman: Access Real Estate Lending
- Christy Norton: Matson and Isom
- Leif Ostberg: A-Main Hobbies
- Andrew Palmquist: KKXX Radio
- Elizabeth Pankhurst: Transfer Flow, Inc.
- Lolita Partida: Harris & Plottel, LLP
- Heather Patton: CSU, Chico Research Foundation
- Diane Penna: Nevin and Witt Insurance
- Tim Peters: Morrison and Company
- Olivia Peters-Lazaro: Chico Community Acupuncture
- Jacob Peterson: ATOL Foundation
- Kristen Pierson: Cascade Orthopedic Supply, Inc.
- Jenna Pinto: PacifiCom
- Nolan Podbielski: Transfer Flow Inc.
- Petra Quiroz: Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.
- Loren Rainey: Golden Valley Bank
- Alie Randall: Hotel Diamond
- Mark Range: Butte Creek Country Club
- Tiffany Rash: Wells Fargo
- Caitlin Reilly: Chico Creek Nature Center
- Abbie Ricketts
- Jarrod Riggins: Roundtable Clubhouse
- Kindra Robinson: KKXX Radio
- Maddie Rodriguez: Golden Valley Bank
- Kevin Ross: Coastal Business Systems
- Lisa Rowe: Quorum Technologies, Inc.
- Denai Rubio: Hotel Diamond
- Becca Russell: GRID Alternatives
- Brian Saeteurn: AAA Insurance
- Athina Salazar: Life 2 Design
- Brett Sanders: Office of Brad Jacobson, Farmers Insurance
- Katrina Sayre: Allevity HR & Payroll
- Toni Scott: Morrison & Company
- Steve Seegrist: Joyce Family Chiropractic
- Michelle Sereda: La Hacienda
- Ozzie Serrano: Computers for Classrooms
- Jamie Shadrick: Radio Chico
- Riki Sheesley: Jim Normoyle - STATE FARM
- Kristen Shelton: Tri Counties Bank
- Brittany Short: Allevity HR & Payrol
- Rachel Simmons: California State University, Chico
- Tracy Simmons: Keller Williams Porch-to-Porch Real Estate
- Jason Simpson: Angie's Poker Club
- Christopher Singleton: Huth Broadcasting
- Erica Smith: Almendra Winery & Distillery
- Sarah Smith: State Farm Jim Normoyle
- Sheila Snyder: Gayle Aylward, State Farm Ins.
- Nicole Strauch: Allevity HR & Payroll
- Sarah Street: Holiday Inn Chico
- Amanda Suchankova: Towne Carpet
- Timothy Suderman: Lares Research, Inc.
- Sean Sullivan: J.S. Orchards, Inc.
- Michael Suplita: Center for Economic Development
- Joe Sweeney: Asset Management Group
- Esteban Tadeo: Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.
- Tanya Teats: Access Real Estate Lending
- Mark Tenenbaum: Tenenbaum Chiropractic
- Terra Thompson: Solar Works
- Kaitlin Tillett: Chico State Alumni Association / Office of Alumni and Parent Relations
- Zoe Tischbein: Synmedia
- Jennifer Titus: Titus & Associates Insurance & Financial Services
- Julie Treanor: DBS Thrift Connection
- Michelle Valencia: Self-Help Federal Credit Union
- Gina Vanderjack: Enloe Nurse
- Margarita Vega: La Hacienda Restaurant
- Sonny Ventimiglio: Tri Counties Bank
- Alex Volzer: GRID Alternatives
- Beth Votaw: North Valley Eye Care
- Summer Waller: ProPacific Fresh
- Michael Walsh: Golden Valley Bank
- Zachary Waters: Titus & Associates
- Suzanne Watroba: Alzheimer's Association
- Marissa Weeber: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Megan Weiss: Alliance for Workforce Development
- David Whitten: Inland Business Systems
- Megan Wilkinson: Diamond W & Diamond Productions
- Joe Wilson: PG&E
- James Wogan: New Auto's Inc.
- Jeff Wolff: Business Technology Systems
- Jennifer Wright: Harris & Plottel, LLP
- Isaac York: Videomaker Inc.
- Toni Young: California Park Rehabilitation Hospital
Interested in becoming a Young Professionals Organization Member? Click here to download and print a YPO Application.